The founder of our company was the woman who gave us our name, Eleanor Josephine Haire.
Eleanor, who was born in 1939 and originally came from Ireland, worked as a nurse in London and drew on her professional experience to start a company providing nursing services in 1979.
Over time, the original business developed to reflect Eleanor’s vision of supporting as many people as possible to live as independently as possible, which led to the introduction of home care services.
We also offer a range of other care-related services, including care homes, health and social care recruiting, training and consultancy.
Today, the company that began life in a small office in the London borough of Ealing, has grown substantially and operates across London, with branches in Redbridge, Greenwich and Lewisham. It also has a base in Poole, Dorset.
Throughout our company, our approach to our work is encapsulated in our mission statement:
“Eleanor aims to set the standard in the care sector by delivering exceptional quality care with a team who have a real passion for delivering client-focused care with dignity and respect, which is valued by our clients and admired by all stakeholders.”
Eleanor at a glance…
- We were established in 1979 and are the longest established independent care provider in the UK.
- We began with a focus on nursing, then moved into social care sector with the launch of our home care service in 2007.
- We also provide non-emergency ambulance service to hospitals and individuals.
- We have expanded our range of service to include operating care homes, providing recruitment services for the health and care sectors and providing health and social care training.
- We also offer healthcare consultancy services.
- We are further developing our services into materials management and logistical support for the NHS.